About the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
H5C supports its members through its many activities and programs in areas such as Business Development, Education and Advocacy. H5C’s business workshop series has served over 1,400 businesses by providing the tools and resources required to succeed. The mixers and speed networking events continue to be a vital resource to help businesses expand their network and to allow H5C’s members to succeed and flourish.
H5C is a platform for small businesses to voice their opinions and concerns with elected officials during legislative events including visits to Sacramento and Washington D.C.
H5C is an active chamber serving all of Contra Costa County. In 2009, H5C was recognized as “Chamber of the Year” under Ed Basaldua’s leadership. In 2011, Mayra Bautista, Vice President of H5C, was recognized as “Advocate of the Year.” This year the Chamber was recognized as the 2012 “Chamber of the Year” by the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and I was named “Advocate of the Year.”
If you are looking to grow your business and find a partner to help you succeed, join the H5C. Get involved in the many committees to help you promote your business and be a leader in your community. Benefit from the many activities scheduled throughout the year and attend our monthly mixers to grow your contacts. We look forward to working with you.
The mission of the Hispanic Chamber is to develop, enhance and promote valuable business opportunities for our members while providing a special emphasis on education, cultural awareness and available resources within the Hispanic Community and Contra Costa County overall.
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Contra Costa County is working to promote the economic prosperity of its members within the Hispanic community and the Contra Costa community.
We do this through:
- Monthly membership meetings and mixers with invited speakers who provide insight and information that help our members grow their businesses
- A monthly newsletter providing an update to members of events where they can promote their businesses (and an opportunity to advertise their businesses to the more than 3,000 contacts including the Chamber Members and VIPs in the Contra Costa area and surrounding Bay Area).
- Our web site where members are listed by name and by industry in order to simplify the search for assistance from other members.
- By providing referrals to our members from other members and other Hispanic organizations and businesses.
- Representing the viewpoints of our members to elected officials, locally, regionally, statewide and nationally.
- Links to the California and United States Hispanic Chambers.
The Hispanic Chamber leadership usually meets every 4th Wednesday of the month at various locations throughout Contra Costa (check the Calendar for the location).
We host mixers every month (and are looking for sponsors). If you would like to host or sponsor one please let us know.